Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Weekend After

We have been spending time at a lake house on Lake Lure that my parents kindly rented. We had access to a canoe, paddle boat, two kayaks , a fireplace and cable tv. Ahhhh, that's all this family needs for entertainment.

We shared our thanksgiving meal on Thursday for lunch. Since then, I have not had a regular meal. Just lots of random snacking.

As I sit here, I can see Chimney Rock across the lake. Yesterday, we saw an otter across the cove. The Temp is 27 degrees.

I almost joined some local mtn bikers for a ride yesterday in Mills River. I'm glad I didn't. It took them 7 hrs to go 21 miles.

Instead I took a 1 hour ride on my mtn bike on the paved roads around here. I saw quite a few dirt roads, but I did not want to go up one and not come back, never to be found, so I stuck to the paved road.

Now, I'm going to get some more Starbucks coffee. Then think of ways to procrastinate packing up.
Have a great day.

No comments: