Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fun Times

The weather felt great even though it was only 35 degrees. I think that the longer days have a lot to do with it. Or, I am just a little crazy. I left the office and rode around camp property, following old logging roads up to the saddle, then down the trail that would lead to the 4-H camp:







My goal for the ride home was to make up time from this morning. It was 20 degrees, and I opted to have Rhonda drop me off at work, since Jubal's school is nearby. A secondary goal was to find a dirt road that climbs up to one of the ridges behind Rockmont property. After a couple of failed attempts, I found it, but ran out of time and only made it about half way up.

I incorporated big gear hill climbs in my ride home. I like these workouts. Switch to a more difficult gear, grind uphill, watch my heart rate rise, recover, repeat. It hurts but I like it.



So, on Friday, hopefully I will be able to explore all the way to the top of the road, and what I will find, I don't know.

Today, I get to drop the truck off at the shop, ride to work, then come home and get the site prepped to pour concrete on Thursday. We should have it framed up by the end of next week!!!

Have a great day.




No comments: