Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Sitting Here

I'm sitting here at almost 7am this morning, debating with myself, my good sense and my driving desire to follow the training program. The wind howls outside, 29 degrees and I have no idea what the wind chill is. I do know that it is cold again and I am burned out on the cold. I try to be tough and convince myself to ride, after all, my friends all over the country, in much colder weather, are out in it.

Hmmm!

But, I am burned out on riding in the cold. I crave some warmth. I was spoiled this weekend riding in short sleeves and 60 degrees.

Hmmm! Yup, yup, yup. So, I'm going to ride the rollers tonight after work, and maybe tomorrow. It is supposed to get warm later this week and I'll hit the road again. I just need a break from the cold rides to work!!

I was reading the Siren Blog and was very excited to see what Brendan is up to. He has made the move to Tuscon, AZ and has a pretty cool warehouse workshop complete with hang out, I mean business meeting loft. I think that a road trip in the next couple of years is on my to do list.

I'm also getting my calendar set for 2009. There are a lot of options out there this year. Way different from even a couple of years ago. I'll get my list up soon so you know if you need to be scared or not!!!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I saw that too -- sweet! I think he's as excited to build the bike as you are to ride it!

We'll have to plan a WBR-Siren "camp" next winter ... my in-laws are just 90min away from Tucson and are near some great Phoenix riding ... it's worth the trip! (especially if I get family points too!)