Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here Comes...

...the rain again.

It is definitely raining this morning as I type this. 100% chance of rain. And it does not look like it is going to let up. Another roller session tonight.

Last night I lasted 57 minutes on the rollers. That is a record for me. My previous PR was 42 minutes. I started off in the shed, and after 15 minutes got really hot. The temp was 45 degrees, so in the fading light I moved the rollers outside onto the little concrete stoop in front of the shed. That was much cooler and I was still dripping with sweat.

The neighbors deck is about 60 yards off to the side and they had a clear view of me. I'm pretty sure they think I am crazy. They keep their distance and whenever their kids wander towards our fence they call them back.

So, I rolled on my rollers for 57 minutes. They sat on their deck and looked at me while they smoked cigarettes, I hate cigarettes.

I did cruise intervals. I was able to add time to the intervals since the last time I did them. I kind of like doing these. I had heard horror stories about them, but I can see the necessity of them and so, like many other aspects of cycling, I embrace them. Fun stuff.

We the blocks are laid for the addition. The next step is for my contractors to come take a look and decided the next step.

Have a great rain day.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I have this image of Dave Stoller on the rollers in front of his dad's office, eating an apple while he spins at 160rpm!

Stephen J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Butch Greene said...

Please tell me you have an MP3 player to listen to. I ride in the house with earphones on a DH video. I highly suggest ROAM.

My name is Stephen said...

mp3 player, is that some sort of video game? Xbox or something? I can't afford one of those, maybe someday...