Friday, February 27, 2009

The Slab


We got the slab poured yesterday. Jubal was sick so he got to stay home and watch the action. The cross beams that you see are embedded into the slab and will be used to attach the sub floor to so that we can then nail a finished wood floor. It the 2 inch space we will put some sort of insulation.
We should have it framed in sometime next week, unless of course the weather decides otherwise.



It was great. The truck driver basically sat in the cab, pushed some buttons to release the concrete, and raise and lower the chute. I held on to the chute and swiveled it back and forth while Hap and Thomas spread the concrete.


After we were done, I took off for a nice 3 hour mtn bike ride. I parked at Rice Pinnacle, rode around Bent Creek, then up and over to Mills River, up Trace Ridge, down Spencer Creek, then back to Bent Creek via Sidehill. What a great ride. I got back to the parking lot after dark, but it was warm and I felt really good.
This is what I look like after dark when a flash goes off in my face at point blank range.



Have a great day.

No comments: