Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pacing

I did some more research about pacing during racing vs training. What I read confirmed that I have been riding too hard for too long.

Several weeks ago I rode in a zone for 2.5 hrs. What I read said that in that same zone, I should only ride for 1 hr max, no wonder I got sick.

And riding in the next zone up...I should only be riding for 6 minutes. I can think of several times that I have faltered when riding in that zone for way longer.

I am very excited about the Cowbell Challenge this weekend. Putting all that I have learned in the past 9 months and hopefully seeing some results. I'm not looking for a podium at this point, I don't want to put that pressure on myself, (I'm sure Jeremiah Bishop and Harlan Price are relieved...).


But I do want to finish with a decent time and feeling like I just raced 52 miles...and not lying on the ground feeling like I am going to die!!!

So, I'll pace myself, and if people pass me that's fine. I'm going to ride my race at my pace and see what happens!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: