Monday, June 29, 2009

New Adventure

In 2000, I connived a plan to ride my bike across America. I rode from San Diego, CA to Wilmington, NC in roughly 57 days. My awesome wife Rhonda was my SAG queen!!! I did it as a fundraiser for a youth program that I was working with then.

I've been in the mood to do something big again. Obviously to raise funds for World Bicycle Relief. I believe in what the organization does.

Having a family, house, job etc makes it difficult to get away for two months for a huge adventure. I considered riding the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. I've done it before, and will probably do it again, but the time is not right.

So, what to do? And then:



The Pisgah MTB Adventure Race.
It's a no brainer. It's in my backyard, it's a huge challenge, logistics are taken care of for me. Perfect.

So, in October of this year, I plan to race this stage race.

But the bigger challenge for is to raise $5000 before the end of the race.... I think it can be done.

If you are interested in kick starting this fundraiser, click on the World Bicycle Relief logo to the left and you will be sent directly to my fundraiser page. Thanks in advance!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: