Monday, December 07, 2009

Back To Work

I realized last night as I was laying in bed, that I was not dreading going back to work. I don't really want to go. I would rather lay around the house for another week, at least this week I could go for some walks around the hood. But no, I don't dread going in. That's a good thing. I have had plenty of jobs that I dreaded going in every morning.

Back to Work.

My body seems to be mending well. I sneezed yesterday for the first time since Monday. That really hurt, and I am very glad that I did not sneeze earlier in the week. After each sneeze, I had to take a moment to recuperate. It felt like I had gotten a good stiff jab in the stomach.

We went downtown to the " Big Crafty" yesterday. I walked around and did fine. Although I was a bit tired when we got back to the van.

One of the things that was difficult this week, was breathing. Due to the swelling of the abdomen, the ab muscles were not effective in the breathing process, and this made me feel short breathed. Odd sensation, and added to the sensation of being out of shape.

I'm not overly concerned with losing fitness at this point. It's gonna happen and right now there is nothing I can do about it. I'm hoping to to some walking during lunch time, that will be helpful. Another plus about my job is the location tucked back in the fold of the Black Mtns.

Since I will be driving to work for a while, instead of riding my bike, I looked into the bus schedule. That's not gonna happen. I would have to be walking out my door at 6am, and not getting back until 7:30pm. That's not going to happen.

14 days until winter solstice!!

Have a great day.

No comments: