Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lose Yourself

The world does not revolve around me. I am a part of the world, but I am not the center of the world. I have been created and placed here to play a part. A part in a worldwide play, a musical of sorts, only not the corny musical where everybody sings their part. That would be annoying. Then I would have to sing my blog and you would not enjoy it as much. You are welcome to sing my blog if you want to, but please don't sing it to me. That would also be annoying.

Along the lines of yesterday's post, the self centered, thinking too highly of myself approach is not the intended way to go through life. When I start acting, and it seems to be a natural tendency, like the world revolves around me, things get a little weird. I start to alienate people, get prideful, look down on my fellow man and forget my purpose, forget my part in this universal play.

Take a real play for example. If I am assigned a back-up part, or even better, if my job is to run the lights. ( I really did run the lights for a show back when I was in HS). I run the lights during the many rehearsals, and then the time for the big show arrives. I decide that the dude who is in the lead role is not the right guy for the job. Seconds before he comes on stage, and I time it perfectly, I prance out and do his song and dance.

Two things happen. First, the lights don't happen because I have left my post and no one else knows the combination of blues, reds, greens, yellows etc. Second, the play is terrible, because although I know all the lines, my acting is terrible, and people go home disappointed.

So in the great play called life, we are all given roles. But, does that mean we are stuck here? Doing the same monotonous things everyday for the rest of our lives? For some I say yes. For those that don't have the courage to step up and follow their dreams, yes. For those that are afraid of failure, yes. For those that think that hobbies or dreams are a waste of time, yes.

My first 34 years of life was spent exploring, figuring it out. I don't think that I tried to take over someone else's role exactly, but I did try some things that I was not meant to be. And I learned from those experiences. I learned a lot. I learned what I was good at, and what I was not so good at. I learned that some things I am good at, I don't enjoy so much, but that I could endure those things so that I could achieve other things that I totally enjoy.

So, here I am, 37 years into life, and I have found a role that I enjoy. Some aspects are not my favorite, but I can see how those aspects allow me to do things that I really love, ie. spending time with my wife and kid, and racing my bike!!

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo
(emenem)

Have a great play!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://lagunymaha.the-best-free-web-hosting.com/kolaci.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich