Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hiking



I got to spend some time alone this weekend and decided to hit Kistuma. The pace was definitely slower since I was hiking instead of riding. The scenery the same though and totally worth it. My legs were fatigued when I got back to the truck an hour later.

3 more days until my follow up appt. I'm feeling really good, and the incisions are healing well, according to my untrained eye anyway. I am getting restless and ready to roll again, but waiting patiently until the right time.
Saturday night was the Pisgah Area Sorba Holiday Party. It was held at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Co. on Coxe Ave. World Bicycle Relief sponsored a showing of Klukerz, a history of Mtn Biking, and PAS held a silent auction with proceeds, over $250, going to WBR.

There were two I-9 wheelsets given away, volunteer recognition, MVP award to Carlos. The Bicycle Dealers Association of WNC recognized several people's efforts by awarding them a $50 gift certificate to local participating bike shops. I was honored when the called me up to receive one too.
Sunday I helped Chris Strout unload his U-haul, a few other guys were there too which was good because I can't lift heavy items yet. Chris is pumped to be here, and I can't blame him. Chicago to Asheville? Good move!! Welcome to WNC.

Well, one of my friends commented that my posts are probably getting boring, since I'm not riding, and that I'm going to lose my fan base. So, if you are bored, bear with me, I am bored too!!! I'll be back on the bike with some exciting stories soon.

Have a great day!

No comments: