Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dirt Ride

Another great dirt ride. I have a hard time complaining while I'm riding though. It is simply fun. The leaves are turning and falling, decorating the trail with shades of yellow and brown, but the air is still warm. It seems odd. It is interesting to me how every year, the change of seasons is different.


I finally got my new saddle adjusted and rode the entire 2 hours pain free. I was feeling good. Pushing the pace a little bit to see how my body would respond. It was humid too. Sweat was pouring off of my body. My clothes were soaked.

I headed up the road to Bent Creek Gap, wondering if the colors would be more vibrant up higher. I love that climb. It's long. The colors were not much different at the gap , so I turned and headed back down.

As I turned onto South Ridge Rd, and crossed the first stream, I felt the first real chill of the oncoming season. The air around the stream was definitely cooler and sent chills through my body.
The changing of the seasons is a time of anticipation. I enjoy riding in shorts, but know that any day now, the air will turn cooler and it will be time to pull on arm warmers. And then comes the full-on winter gear.

But for now, I'm enjoying where we are in the changing seasons. I'm content. I got back to where I was parked just as it was getting dark. I will have to start bringing lights soon.

Have a great day!

No comments: