Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Autumn


Today at 2:19pm is Autumnal equinox. Summer is gone and Fall has arrived. This is probably the coolest summer we have had since moving here 5 yrs ago. We never even got the air-conditioner out of the shed. We don't have central air or heat, so we got a little window unit that we use about 5 times per summer.

So, Fall is here, and the leaves are starting to turn colors and fall. Jubal exclaimed that is was indeed fall because the leaves are falling.

Last night did get a bit damp and chilly with all the rain and no sun that we have had. I decided to turn on the baseboard heaters to see if they were working and to chase away the chill. They heated up right away. After about 10 minutes, I found that the smoke detectors work as well. I guess the dust that had collected in the heaters, wafted up and set off the alarms. Good to know.

I'm taking a rest week this week. It works out well because the family has been sick, and it has been raining, a lot.

3.5 weeks until the Pisgah MTB Stage race. I'm very excited about that. Todd, the promoter, shortened the stages just a little bit. Enough that the top riders will still be challenged, but that the not so top riders won't be out there for 12 hrs.

After reviewing the maps, I realized that I know most of the routes, or have been on them at least once. Enough for me to get the feel of the area.

Last year, mid October, the temps got hot for this time of year. I'm wondering what this year is going to be like. While some cold winter weather would be epic, I'm thinking that 60 degrees and sunny would rock!!

Have a great day.

No comments: