Sunday, September 20, 2009

Gravel Ridin'

After I wrote the post below, Rhonda got up looking and feeling better. She offered to take the kid to school. That freed me up to ride!! I spotted a bear this morning too, did not get a picture. Enjoy the pictures.




The Warren Wilson Farm Barn
Some single speed action.

Saturday I got out to Bent Creek for a gravel road ride. Somehow I only got sprinkled on. I left as a storm was moving out and another was moving in. Perfect timing.

I decided to try something new. I have been riding the WTB Rocket V saddle since I started racing. It has done well and has been comfortable. But I have always wanted to know what a sleeker saddle would do for me. When I found a great deal on a Shadow V, I went for it. It's white too.

From the first ride, I knew I was going to like it. Once I finally got the angle and everything right, it was comfortable. It is a lot narrower and I really like that. It is so much easier to get over the back and I find that my thighs don't rub the saddle. I think I'm going to like it.

Not much else going on. Still taking care of the family due to sickness. Hopefully I'll get back on the bike tomorrow!!

Have a great day.

No comments: