Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday Ride




My boss sent the office staff home early. I got to go for a ride and make it home in time for dinner with my family!!

I headed to Bent Creek excited. The parking lot was not bustling at 2 pm like it is later when I usually get there. I hit the trails, knowing that if they were too muddy I would need to stick to the gravel rods. Either way was fine since I was on my bike!


I did my normal big loop and ended up with 20 miles in 2.5 hrs. It was a good ride. The air was chilly with a hint of fall, but the summer's humidity was still in full affect. I sweat on the climbs then was almost, not quite, chilled on the descents.
I took the time to take some pictures of the green that is slowly disappearing. I usually don't like to stop but, my legs were feeling a little slow, so it made it easier.

The trails are in great shape. Pisgah Area Sorba has done an excellent job of maintaining these trails. There is so much more potential for more trails at Bent Creek, I really hope that at some point some mileage can be added.

I'll be joining PAS in some Pisgah trail work this weekend. It is part of a joint effort with The Pisgah MTB Stage Race and the forest service. Should be fun.

And in remembrance, today is 9/11. Remember those whose lives were taken in NY, and let's bring the troops home so no more lives are wasted.

Have a great day.

No comments: