Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Weekend Re-cap

Congrats to Cara Applegate for making the winning donation. I'll be sending you that copy of 24 Solo!

Friday night I got started on another remodel project. Jubal's room, which used to be our room, was poorly insulated and it gets really cold in there in the winter time. So I tore the sheet rock off, pulled out what insulation there was. Sealed caulked the wall, sealed it up, put in a bigger window, and then hung sheet rock. It took most of Saturday to get the job wrapped up. I was tired and didn't know if I had the energy for a long ride after that.

I got on the Siren and headed down the Parkway to Bent Creek. I was feeling fine and ended up with a 4 hr ride. One thing that I realized at my last race in Charlotte is that I am not fast on twisty single track. I decided to put some focus on working on that skill. I use so much energy braking and accelerating that if I could learn to coast through turns with momentum, the game would change.

So, I did and what a blast that is. I'm not close to perfecting the skill, but I did feel some improvement.

On the way home, I was riding up the parkway and some dude caught up to me. I had seen this guy on a road bike, so I soft pedaled to let him catch me. I'm pretty sure that he thought he reeled me in. When he caught me, he said hello, and promptly attempted to drop me. Hehe. Not gonna happen. I jumped in his slipstream as he hammered away. He had a little mirror on his handlebars that he kept looking in. I was still there. We got to the top of the climb, he shifted gears, I shifted gears, we picked up momentum, and suddenly, he got into the tightest tuck I have ever seen. I couldn't resist taking the picture below....

Sunday I got out for a 1 hour ride up and over Avondale Rd, fun steep climb with a view at the top:


For some reason, I think I am smiling, but I am not...I am having fun, really!!

And then Monday, was spent with good friends in SC. Fun times!!

Have a great day!!

No comments: