Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Fire

I lit the fire in the wood stove for the first time this season. Such a nice feeling. The warmth from a wood stove is like none other. I'm looking forward to seeing/feeling the difference in our house this year. With the 6" addition walls sealed tight, the thick ceiling, and the re-insulating of Jubal's room, we should be nice and toasty this year.

What I am not ready for is to ride in the cold. I'm really looking forward to some time off. I'll have to do a re-cap of the season after my last race, The Pisgah MTB Stage Race.

I would say I am a little burned out from traveling and racing. We love it, and we will keep doing it, we just need some time at home. So, after the stage race, I'll take some time off of regimented training, and relax.

Ok, not really relax, there are plenty of house projects to be done and time to be spent with family. I'll also continue to ride, because I miss it when I don't. It is pure, simple fun.

I have to figure out how to ride enough to maintain some fitness, but take enough time off to be rested for next season.

Have a great day.

No comments: