Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Intervals

Ah yes.  I got a scheduled workout in last night and loved it.  I added some intensity in to some hill climbing and amazingly got up the hill faster.  It's nice and easy going in the easy and moderate training zones,  but the hard part is that it takes so long to get up a hill!!! 

The weather was warm and chilly at the same time.   The sky was overcast and there was a steady  headwind.  I ended up wearing knickers and arm warmers for most of the ride.  I really was longing to see the rays of the sun beating down on me, but those days will come, so I am not going to wish for it too much, just look forward to it. 

I actually saw other cyclist out today too.  Over the past 6 yrs I have seen the number of daily cyclists grow, and that is exciting to me.  With all of the health problems going around,  just a little bit of self control in what people eat, and a little bit of exercise,  there would be a lot less strain on the health system.   And you wouldn't even have to go wild with the exercise,  just 30-40 minutes per day.   Most Americans watch at least 5 times that much tv, while eating potato chips.    Try it....

Check out this blog entry , and next time you decide to complain, ( and complaining is a choice) think about Tendai, Mary and Maureen,  and ask yourself, " What have I done to make the world a better place?"

I have officially registered for the Cohutta 100.   I'm really excited about my goal of finishing and feeling good,  even if it takes longer than I think it should. I have learned so much about myself and what my body needs.  I'm convinced that my problems have in some way been attributed to nutrition and pacing.  I can't go all out for 100 miles.  I really can't go all out for more than 1.5 hrs,  probably even less than that.  So,  in my head,  I am stepping away from the race mentality and grasping at the tour/self challenge mentality.  I'll still give it everything I have and go for a personal best, but I won't be sacrificing my self to get it.

Have a great day.

No comments: