Monday, March 08, 2010

Reasons

There are reasons for the things that I do.  99 % of the time, these reasons are cool, calm and calculated.  I know what I am going to do and why, well in advance.  If I go somewhere, if I do something, if I invite someone or go by myself, I have thought it through and made a decision. 

The decision is made based on many different factors.  Sometimes it is to help you reach your goals, sometimes to help me reach mine,  other times neither.  But each time, I have calculated and attempted to run through the scenario in my head.  I ask myself how the decision will affect those around me, those involved, those not involved, those who want to be involved, etc. 

I also consider who would benefit the most, who would appreciate the most, who would learn the most, who has the most need etc. 

Often times people disagree with me and get their feelings hurt.  They take my decision as an attack on them for not adhering to their advice, for not including them, for not keeping them updated on my progress. Then they are upset with me and refuse to understand why I do the things I do.

side note( that concept has always frustrated me.  When I hear of a friend doing something I want to do, but I did not get invited, sure, I feel a twinge of jealousy,  but most of what I feel is their excitement, their happiness, their success.  They stepped out and did something that they love to do.  Who cares who got invited and who didn't.  They had a success and I am happy for them.)

And then I hear about it.  Why didn't you call me, why didn't you tell me,  I didn't know you were going to do that, you should have told me I would have helped you, etc.  And then, at first I feel like I have to explain to the world what I do and why I do it.  After processing though, I realize that I don't have to do that.  It would be way different if we made plans and I stood you up ( which has happened to me,  and if you wonder, you know who you are, that's why I don't make plans with you.  I don't  like to be stood up.)  

I don't have to explain myself to you.  I can make my decisions based on where I am in life and what I am trying to accomplish, and I can feel good about my goals.  And instead of being jealous of where I am,  how about rejoice with me, and I will with you. 

Get excited with me about my goals,  I get excited with you about yours.  We don't have to have the same goals and aspirations to be excited.  It is not a competition to see who has the coolest goals.  We can help each other reach those goals. And sometimes the best way to help someone reach their goals, is to stand on the sidelines cheering them on (literally and  figuratively),  even if it is 100 degrees out and it does not make sense to you. 

Set your goals high, and go do something that will change this world for the better.  Whether that something is global, or local,  it is going to improve this place for your grandkids and theirs.  ( if you can't figure out what to do, send me an e-mail and I'll help you out).  Just stop getting tripped up on the little things.  Look past yourself, get out and do something positive!!

Have a great day.

No comments: