Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring

The ride in to work was a great way to start the day.  It had rained overnite and the clouds were moving out of the area.  The grass  is turning a deep shade of green, and the air was chilly.

After work, I went for a 40 mile road ride.  I did the Bat Cave loop which takes me up and over the Eastern Continental Divide 2 times.  I'll be doing this ride a lot this spring and summer.


The above picture was on the first climb.  After chopping and stacking wood for 3 hrs yesterday, my legs were not feeling "fresh", but it was good to get out and ride for more than 1 hr after work.  And I wasn't even racing daylight.



A nice steady climb up one side, and a 35-40 mph decent on the other side.  Going to Bat Cave I had a tail wind.  From the top of the Divide to Fairview, I had the worst headwind I have had for a long time.   Spinning at 12 mph where I usually go faster is draining!!




Time to start tapering!!

Have a great day.



No comments: