Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Quiet

I'm feeling quiet this morning.  Sleep last night was restless.  But, this morning, with the snow quietly falling outside, the fire blazing inside,  my wife and kid still snuggled in bed,  I am at peace....content. 

Content is different that happy.  Happy is more of an emotion that ebbs and flows.  Content is a state of being.  A person could be content in any circumstance,  from changing a tire on the interstate in the pouring rain, to sitting in a mountain cottage in a snowstorm, nestle by a raging fireplace. 

I'm content.

Sometimes, it is something that I have to work towards.  Other times I arrive there not knowing that it was my destination. 

Peacefully content.  I sit here typing away, thinking what the next step will be, but then I mentally fall  back into the easy chair, take a deep breathe, relax and enjoy the  moment.  I don't need to worry about when I'll get my next ride in, when I can work on the house, when I will spend valuable, irreplaceable time with my family.  I sit back and relax and enjoy the soothing quiet.

I don't need to worry about how I am going to afford the next race,  how I am going to pay for new parts to replace the ones I wore out long ago.

I don't even need to concern myself with what I am going to wear today.....actually, I rarely even consider this so it doesn't count towards this reflection.

The woodstove crackles, a car drives by outside....a bit too fast,  Jubal sneezes.  My coffee cup is definitely half empty.... it is the last of my coffee,  I need to order more.

I sit and relax.

Content.

Have a great day.

No comments: