Monday, March 31, 2008

Ahhh, more bike riding

I got more rides in last week than I had anticipated. It turns out that I have ridden my bike for 5 days in a row. Sweet, less than 3 weeks until Cohutta!!!!

Friday was a work commute. Friday night I went to join my family in Charlotte for a weekend of celebrating my Nana and Pepa's 70th wedding anniversary. I got to go for a group ride with my brother Geoffrey Saturday morning. I had fun, because I was on my bike. We started out with about ten and wound up with 4. There was one dude who thought that it would be really cool to up the pace or break away every time the group got into a rhythm. Then everybody felt like they had to chase this guy down, even though, considering the difference in fitness levels, this was not going to happen. I got tired of the discombobulated group, so when the dude started attacking, I told everybody to let him go. It worked for a little while.

Then there was this other older dude, who felt like he was the chosen one to take monster pulls. That's all fine and dandy, if you have the fitness to take a monster pull. But he would surge and then fade, but not pull out, causing the whole group to slow down.

Oh well, I had fun watching my brother suffer. He he he. ( lay off the X-box old man!!!!)

Saturday after meeting the 28 people in my family for lunch, Jubal and I went to the park while Rhonda helped prepare the food for the big celebration. It was too cold so we went off to find a Starbucks. Jubal fell asleep. Sweet!!! I got some coffee and we drove back to the house. I didn't want to wake him up, so we sat in the driveway. It was nice to relax. I ended up falling asleep for about 30 minutes too.

After sharing a meal with 28 of my relatives on Saturday night, we headed home. I was in bed by 1am, after getting the fire going and eating some food.

Sunday morning I got up feeling very sluggish. It was cold and gray out. 3 weeks until Cohutta, Ideally I should be taking a long 60-70 mile ride today. I ended up with 36 which is fine. I'm still gonna finish this year.

I road my new geared bike. It was definitely a fun ride. I made really good time and continue to waffle between riding geared or single speed. The way my legs feel today, I think I should stick to the single speed. I am definitely not used to pedaling down hill!!!

Have a great day

No comments: