Sunday, March 02, 2008

Snake Creek Gap Finale

It was a good race. Lots learned about myself and racing. What I can do, what I can't do, what I am capable of etc. I am very pleased with my performance and I don't think that there is anything that I could have done to improve my time. Things happen, like needing to stop for more water, or letting someone faster pass and getting a stick stuck in the chain causing it to come off. Things happen and there is nothing I can do about it. I finished. That is something else that happened. Here are my times:

Jan 03:58:27
Feb 04:07:05 ( with a head cold)
Mar 04:03:41

Not a lot of difference in times. One major thing that I learned is that everything I do out there means time on the clock. I am very pleased with that. (I'll figure out overall placement if I get a chance).

So, the results: 10Th in the 34 mile Single Speed Category.

So we spent Saturday night at the hotel in Dalton. Sunday morning we drove to the Zoo in Knoxville. We had sunshine and warmth all day. This zoo is really nice if you are ever in the area. We got in free too, since we are members at our local nature center. Enjoy the pictures:

Two Warriors: Ready to fight!!!
The White Steed
Uhhh, what's is he doing?
Gone Like a Lightning Bolt
Finally!!
8 seconds?
Hungry Bear Casing a Scared Kid
Still Hungry

Where Kids Belong

Hmmmmm

Have a great day.

No comments: