Tuesday, March 25, 2008

America

Cycling is the coolest sport in the world. I know this because I can e-mail pro cyclists and they give me the time of day, and solid advice to boot!!! Thanks Tinker, Jeremiah, and Eddie ( I'm not sure if Eddie is pro, but close enough).



Today I hurt. Yesterday I had off. I spent the morning felling trees for a load of firewood. I took a nap and then rented a tiller. I tilled the garden, played with the kid, then worked on my new bike set-up.

Ahh, the new bike. I have not ridden it yet, other than around the yard. I know it's gonna be sweet. I haven't given up on the single speed yet though. Mike Keeley asked me if I would be tempted to ride the geared bike at the Cohutta 100. I told him that I wouldn't. I had trained to ride the single speed, I was determined to finish it on single speed, etc. Well, I brought the bike home, rode it around the yard, and was more than tempted to ride it for the Cohutta 100. Ummmm, so much for all that training and big talk. Well, after sleeping on it for a couple of nights, I am leaning back towards the single speed. In fact, I'm not even going to ride the geared bike until this weekend. I'm going to stick with the WUSS, through the Cohutta. I really want to follow through with this goal. I want to know that I can do it, and do it well.

So, the time will come to put some miles on the new bike, but for now, I'm going to stay the course and rock the single speed.



Now it is off to work.



Have a great day.

No comments: