Sunday, March 09, 2008

To the Coast and Back

Wow, that was a long trip. 5 hours to Myrtle Beach. I had planned to leave one hour earlier than I did, but I was having so much fun running around the yard with Jubal, that, well, I left when I did. I stopped by Starbucks on the way out(of course) and hit the road. Lots of thinking got done. I passed a bunch of people that I don't, going somewhere that I don't know. Nothing real profound, just cruising with traffic. The tailwind was nice until it turned into a side wind, then it was blowing people all over the road.

I had intended to leave earlier so I could stop for lunch and eat something healthy. Unless a Big Mac and a Coke is healthy, that did not work out. The Reeses Cup Blizzard was a tasty dessert though.

Another stop at Starbucks in Myrtle beach to relax from the road and on to the host family's house. It was fun meeting all the kids. The family is made up of mom and dad and 7 kids. Holy moly!!!! But then the prospect campers started showing up and I dropped the ball. I like to meet people, get to know them, and learn about them, but, when it comes to convincing them to send their kid to my camp? I'm at a loss. I did my best, and we'll see if they register, but I will be hesitant to volunteer for these gigs in the future.

After 2 hours at the people's house, I was on the road again!! Instead of being smart and getting a hotel, I decided to drive home. I realized that I would rather ride my bike for 12 hours than drive for 10 hours. That was one long drive home. I got home just before midnight, in the bed, and slept almost until 9am ( 8 am really because of the time change, thanks mr president).

Today I took my family to church and basically hung out and played. I did get one of those nagging projects done. Jubal's floor is now all wood, instead of half carpet.

Tuesday I pick up my lawnmower. My grass is 10 inches long in places. And later this week, I should be getting a large load of dirt. The dirt will be used for landscaping ( and the pump track).

Have a great day!!

No comments: